Pages

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Hi World!

Welcome to the maiden voyage of my blog, I hope you all survive. I would like to take this opportunity to introduce myself and warn off those with a weak stomach or that are easily scared by loud noises.

I have mixed feelings about motherhood some days. There are a few times a week that I look in the mirror and wonder why I thought this was a good idea, but one smile from my little monster reminds me why I do it.

90% of the time I look and feel like I am in a war zone. Before I had my son I would have ‘frumpy’ days, but I’ve found motherhood is a crutch for this behavior. Food on my shirt: I should change…or I could just position the baby so that it is covered by him. I use the baby carrier as a belt; it is also useful for hiding stains. I should also add that I wore maternity pants till 6 months post partum…and not because my other clothes didn’t fit.

I take great pleasure in telling people without children how amazing/easy/peaceful/restful it is to have children, I especially enjoy this if I am hiding a stain with the baby.

Darth Vader is my hero.

Gluten is my enemy.

I have a guilt cycle. 


My husband drives me abso-freaking-lutely nuts, and I love him for it.

Nerdiness becomes me.

That’s all for now campers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment